I1 Smart Fabric AB
– Lasts for up 12 months
– Anti bacterial and anti mould
– Flurocarbon free
Why use Gtechniq Smart Fabric AB?
I1 Smart Fabric AB protects all kinds of fabrics from water-based stains. It is breathable and extremely durable, thanks to Gtechniq’s unique scientific formula.
With added Biocote ® antimicrobial technology, treated surfaces will kill 99% of bacteria. Making it ideal for use inside your car to protect you and your family from harmful germs.
Smart Fabric is colour safe. Nano particles that make up I1 Smart Fabric coat each fabric fibre individually, leaving the texture unaffected, allowing the material to breathe. This means stale air will still be able to escape, while repelling water and and oil-based liquids.
Even more hydrophobic than its predecessor, I1 Smart Fabric V2 leaves no remnants of a spillage and moisture simply falls off a coated surface. Laboratory testing reveals that I1 V2 repels water to the highest standard set by the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) – ISO 5. And wash tests reveal the product remains at its full performance level after being washed on a 40 degree cycle, and even after five washes still performs better than its predecessor.
On average I1 will last on a car’s interior for between 6 and 12 months – depending how ‘used’ the surface is.
– If using on an interior surface, use I2 TriClean to prepare the surface you are going to treat
– For exterior use, use W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner neat for dirty surfaces, or dilute at a ratio of 5:1 with water for less soiled areas
– Make sure the surface you have cleaned is thoroughly dry (for best results 48 hours in good drying conditions) before applying I1 Smart Fabric. For the optimal impregnation of I1 into your fabric, its moisture content must be below 15% which is significantly dryer than touch dry
– Shake well before use and wear gloves
– Apply at a temperature of 5°c or above, in a well ventilated area
– Use out of direct sunlight
– Apply by spraying evenly from a distance of about 15cm ensuring thorough saturation of the surface you are covering.
– Make sure your application is thorough as once Smart Fabric has dried, you cannot apply a second coat, as the first coat will repel additional product
– Avoid over spraying on surrounding substrates, if this happens, wipe immediately with a MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth. Also wipe any excess from the fabric with an MF1
– Leave to dry for 24 hours, after this time the full effectiveness of the product will be achieved
– Store in a cool, dry place
– Use within 12 months of opening